• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi keeps disapearing

Hello, please can you help me??? I bought a phone in Spain, of a good make. It is an Energy Sistem max 4g. In Spain, it worked perfectly. We are now in our home in Holland and my wifi keeps disapearing whenever I open my phone, it is gone. And I have to reconnect it to the router. It says, that it is connected, but I cannot surf. I will have to shut off completely en start up again and reinstall the wifi. I miss a lot of messages this way, not knowing if the wifi is on or off. Sometimes the wifi sign shows ok, but I am still not able to use whatsap, fi. I have to close off and start up again, to get connected. Help !!!

Hi

I am not familiar with that phone, but the specs look good. Could it be that there is a "connection optimiser" in the phones system that is automatically switching to 4g (or 3g ) because it perceives the connection to be faster? Does it still behave the same if you disable all mobile data connections? (samsung has a feature like this).

How often does it drop the connection? Some routers give only a 12 or 24 hour "lease" to an allocated IP address, so the connection would always be dropped after that period.

Upvote 0
Hi

I am not familiar with that phone, but the specs look good. Could it be that there is a "connection optimiser" in the phones system that is automatically switching to 4g (or 3g ) because it perceives the connection to be faster? Does it still behave the same if you disable all mobile data connections? (samsung has a feature like this).

How often does it drop the connection? Some routers give only a 12 or 24 hour "lease" to an allocated IP address, so the connection would always be dropped after that period.

Upvote 0
If it is Wifi and not data does this happen to other phones in your house or just yours?

It could be a router issue and not a phone issue
If there is an optimiser it would be in the Wi-Fi settings. There may not be one. With Samsung's it can cause phones to switch to mobile data when you want them to stay on Wi-Fi, so I am suggesting that you switch it off, if it exists and is turned on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones