1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WIFI Keeps disconnecting after second update..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gsavage, Dec 27, 2011.

1. gsavage

gsavage Newbie

I have The Iconia A500, Ive had a wifi connection issue since the late summer update, well I recieved two updates over the christmas weekend, after the first update my wifi worked like it should being that I'm sitting right next to the router, and the next day another update came thru and I'm back to the wifi issue again. It keeps kicking me off and I have to power down and restart to reconnect. Current version is: 3.2.1. Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. davea180

davea180 Lurker

Try: settings>wireless & networks>wi-fi disconnect policy> choose one of the "never" options.

I noticed this changed on mine after the updates and I have seen other posts about it.

3. mattbe213

mattbe213 Android Enthusiast

My case was the exact opposite. My WiFi was set to never disconnect. That seemed to be my problem. It was making itself disconnect. Here is what I did:

First off, I downloaded a WiFi patch that Acer put out for the Iconia when it ran 3.1 (Not sure that it does anything but it is part of the success. Secondly, I went to Settings and set the WiFi to ALWAYS turn off when the screen did. Since I did those two things, the WiFi issue has disappeared. Note that when you turn the screen back on WiFi comes back on.

Matt