• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi keeps turning off

Hey, I just read all these replies and couldnt fix my issue, I messaged my brother and he reminded me that "easy battery saver" app, among others similar usually have a network control option that automatically enables toggling of your network via the recommended install options of easy battery saver.

Try checking all your apps and internal battery saver options.

Upvote 0
I have an AT&T Samsung galaxy S3 and since the jellybean 4.3 update I cannot stay connected to my Wi-Fi. I can connect but then as soon as my phone goes to sleep 30 seconds later I lose my Wi-Fi and have to reconnect. The old version in was always connected unless I left the area or turned Wi-Fi off and it even said connected to "blabla" network in the notification area. So anyway I continued to try to figure this out and I found that airplane mode worked but then I couldn't get calls or text so that wasn't the fix. So the fix is settings-connections-more networks-mobile networks-mobile data- uncheck mobile data. Since the update to jellybean 4.3 this overrides everything and turns on data over the Wi-Fi. of course since the update sucks when you leave the Wi-Fi area you have to re-check this box in order to use data. Whoohoo!!! No more data overage charges

Upvote 0
This kept happening to me, I thought something was wrong with my WiFi but all my other devices in the house worked fine. It turned out to be my mobile security, I'd recently changed from Avast to McAfee, the McAfee kept disconnecting me because it saw some threat, so I uninstalled it and put Avast back on and it solved the problem straight away!

Upvote 0
I had a lot of problems with my wifi connection going on and off every single minute and it drove me to the wall :-( ... My iMac and iPad didn't have any problems, but my android phone :-(

I came across one of the answers here, and in my case, culprit was a WiFi Fixer app :-( ... As soon as I delete it, I could breath easier :)

Upvote 0
I was having the same issues with my S6 disconnecting at random times from wifi. I did some research and was told to Disable my phones wifi power saving mode. Totally worked. Can't say it will or won't work for you but if you want to try it this is how:

Open Dialer •. Enter *#0011# • Select 'more' (upper right ). • Select 'wi-fi'. • Scroll down and Turn Off Wi-Fi Power Save mode (enabled by default) • Exit and hopefully your Wi-Fi connectivity issues will no longer be a problem! (Working like a charm for my phone!)

Upvote 0
When I turn my Wifi on it will connect to my home network but right after the contection it will turn the Wifi off. I have tried to power off and on with nothing changing. I have changed the sleep setting to "Never". But, nothing seems to work... Any ideas?

This is very old but hopefully, someone will find it. I just bought a brand new RCA Maven Pro 11 and for awhile I was very irritated with it because the wifi would not stay on no matter what changes I made to it until I went to the Google Play Store and downloaded an app called WiFi Fixer by Zanshin-G1 now my tablet WiFi stays on consistently.

Upvote 0
When I turn my Wifi on it will connect to my home network but right after the contection it will turn the Wifi off. I have tried to power off and on with nothing changing. I have changed the sleep setting to "Never". But, nothing seems to work... Any ideas?

This is very old but hopefully, someone will find it. I just bought a brand new RCA Maven Pro 11 and for awhile I was very irritated with it because the wifi would not stay on no matter what changes I made to it until I went to the Google Play Store and downloaded an app called WiFi Fixer by Zanshin-G1 now my tablet WiFi stays on consistently.

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
So, apparently I found out that my wifi encryption was set to WEP which was causing issues. I got it changed to WAP/WAP2 and everything worked perfectly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones