• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Keeps turning on and off

acey612

Jul 6, 2010
On Droid 2, my wifi keeps turning on and of constantly. The only ay to stop it is to turn on airplane mode or reboot the phone. After rebooting wifi works for a little while, but after the phone sleeps for awhile and I wake it, it starts again.

I have also found that if I go into wifi settings, hit menu, then hit "Scan" it fixes it, on a temp basis.

This happening to anyone else? There a fix? Thanks!

Well your drunk input was not helpful and borderline rude my friend.

The fact is that I like trying different types of gadgets. I am a former iphone owner, droid 1 owner, and droid X owner. One of the perks to the droid 2 is in fact the improved keyboard. Many still prefer a hard keyboard. A majority in fact, according to recent surveys.

To get back on topic however, anyone else have a fix? :)

Upvote 0
try checking your battery management settings. That was what was causing my DX to switch off wifi. It wasnt going to sleep because of the wifi settings mine was switching off automatically because I had it set to maximum battery saver. I changed it over to Night Time Saver and it stopped doing it.

Maybe yours is doing the same?

Reactions: McLabia
Upvote 0
try checking your battery management settings. That was what was causing my DX to switch off wifi. It wasnt going to sleep because of the wifi settings mine was switching off automatically because I had it set to maximum battery saver. I changed it over to Night Time Saver and it stopped doing it.

Maybe yours is doing the same?

While I may be necroing this thread, thanks for posting this. It cleared up my moms issues with wifi continuously disconnecting. Now she can download PvZ...yay.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones