• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WiFi location no longer working.

fordag

Dec 30, 2012
I've just found another ICS to JB upgrade issue.

I'm not getting a WiFi location on Google maps.

It's something that had initially really impressed me about the phone, I hit Google maps when I first had it and it went almost straight to my exact location in seconds, even with GPS off. So long as WiFi was on.

Since the upgrade it can't find my location via WiFi. I don't even get a giant blue circle saying I might be in this area.

My phone can see 7 WiFi networks in the area, the same ones that have been active fore quite some time.

Under Settings> Location> Use wireless networks is checked.

Thanks,
David

I am using JB and mine shows where I am with GPS off and Wifi on.

What device are you using David? It might be able to better assist me in solving the issue.

Also try turning off the device removing the battery then putting it back in, then rebooting the device.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro.
Do you get a blue circle as well showing where you might be when using WiFi? I'm not even getting that.

I'll do a battery removal and reoot now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones