1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WiFi & Marketplace issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by craighwk, Dec 1, 2009.

1. craighwk

craighwk Android Enthusiast

Been having an odd problem since I got my Droid.

A lot of the times when I try to access the Marketplace and I am connected to my home's WiFi, I get errors about it not being able to access the site. If I load up a web browser, I am able to get pages no problem.

Sometimes the Marketplace comes up fine, although most of the time it doesn't with WiFi on.

I also had this happen inside of the Android Wallpaper application, as well as the Mediafly Podcast downloader application. If I turn WiFi off, everything is fine over 3g.

Anyone else having an issue like this? Like I said, if I open a browser, everything is fine, so I know the phone and my router are connected and talking.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tabs

Tabs Member

Yep, I've seen this as well - Marketplace often doesn't work on WiFi but does as soon as I turn it off and switch to 3G. I've had trouble with it not downloading updates for apps on both connection types too.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews