1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General wifi/mobile data connections

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dirtdevilstp, Mar 20, 2016.

1. dirtdevilstp

dirtdevilstp Lurker
    None

Nov 3, 2011
    Alright, so heres what i got going on. S7, nova launcher. i am having issues with emails not syncing, facebook and other social medias not syncing. For example, facebook..when i swipe down on the screen to refresh i get a notice at the bottom of the screen that says "cant connect at the time" i have reset my data settings, and deleted some apps. I do have power saver on., factory reset has been applied. Has anyone else encountered this?

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Have you checked Settings > Accounts > & tapped on the account to open up the various items to sync?
    Once there,you'll see the toggles on the side............

3. dirtdevilstp

dirtdevilstp Lurker
    None

Nov 3, 2011
    Yeah, I've got the ones on for Facebook I want. But that doesn't change that this is with everything else too. My emails don't push notifications, I can sit her and get notified on my tablet but not my phone.

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Hmmm,I'm stumped,I don't have problems with my Google & Exchange items syncing.
    Hopefully,someone else has a solution.

5. jason359

jason359 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Male
    There's a setting where KOLIO had you look, in accounts and up in the right hand corner it says "more" and on mine under more it says "turn off auto sync". Maybe that needs to be toggled to on?

KOLIO likes this.
  6. dirtdevilstp

dirtdevilstp Lurker
    None

Nov 3, 2011
    For some reason mine are grayed out. But here's the thing though. This isn't just Facebook, my emails don't push either, snapchat, Instagram. Everything. BUT I'm finding with power saver off they all push... This is weird

7. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Swipe down from the top, and tap on the top right hand corner to open up the full quick settings menu. Tap on Sync icon.

8. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert

Jun 19, 2014
    Male
    There was another thread that mentioned this, i don't think it syncs when power saver is on, because it limits background data. In lollipop you could control this when power saver mode was on, you cant in marshmallow.

Its says, "Email, messages and other apps that rely on syncing may not be updated unless you open them."

Snakeyeskm likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.