1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

wifi never brings up login page

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alejandria, Jul 29, 2010.

1. kellrobinson

kellrobinson Lurker

I am still trying to figure out a fix for this. I tried the app "WiFi Browser Login," which was supposed to fix this problem, and it didn't work. Does anyone know of an app that solves this problem?

#26 kellrobinson, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  2. Chuck Chunder

Chuck Chunder Lurker

Had the same problem on several devices and several networks. Try this (works for me) : Android device's Settings, WiFi, lookup the IP address of the problem network by connecting to it and clicking on Manage Network Settings. Enter that IP address into Chrome's top bar. Brings up the sign in page for me.

3. tofrus

tofrus Lurker

4. Driplix

Driplix Lurker

Ok,I have a quick fix.. It might work for most of you.. Just open private browsing in any of your internet browsers and type in Google.com in your search field. It should pop up right away... Hope this works it worked for me with Chrome and Mozilla

5. Well, I finally resolved this problem. On Chrom go to settings ; Site Settings; and then click on the cookies, java script, pop-ups, notification and protected content. When you do it should give yoy a screen with JavaScript. Allow sites to run ..... click on whatever it shows and scroll down and delete. It worked for me!

6. Kml6

Kml6 Lurker

Far Vistas solution above worked great on laptopWindows 10. When I needed to do an online sign on, Login screen came right up.
    On my other devices IOS and android sometimes requires you to forget the wifi connecion before you can enter a new password.

7. master jim

master jim Lurker

On my Samsung Galaxy S5 I turned off Safe Browsing and works fine now

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hi,

I've just written a step-by-step guide on what to do in this situation, so I thought I would be useful to you.

Basically the fix is to go directly to the router's sign in page. This sounds very technical, but it's not difficult at all.

I've explained it all here in plain English:

https://www.bonkersabouttech.com/howto/wi-fi-sign-in-page-not-loading/459

If you're still struggling, don't hesitate to contact to get in touch and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers!

Baz

9. evand

evand Lurker

10. evand

evand Lurker

Go to the info (i) section and physically add the ip address into the address bar, this should immediately bring up the login screen.

11. I found a solution!!!!
    Just go to 192.168.0.1 in your browser
    This is the admin page but it redirects to the login page every time. I was having the same issue on my Samsung

12. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

That IP is going to be very specific to the network you're connected to. It might not work for everyone.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews