1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Wifi not connecting to WPA

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cableguynoe, Jul 26, 2010.

1. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm a cableguy....really
    Monterey, CA
    I have a feeling my problem is the router and not my Droid, but I thoght I would try anyway.

I have 2 networks that I conenct to at my work. An open network and a secure one.

The open network, which has weak signal, I have no problem connecting to.
    However, when I try to connect to the secure network, which i have great signal, I get "Disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK". I am positive I have the right password.

The strange part is I have had my Droid for less than 2 weeks. Before I had an Eris and would connect to that network everyday without any problems. But have never been able to connect with my Droid once :( I dont think anything has changed with that router, but i cant say for sure.

Any ideas as to why the Droid wont connect?
    Unfortunately, i dont have access to the routers settings. Unless I really had to, i can try to access it early in the morning:rolleyes:

Appreciate any help

Advertisement

2. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Los Angeles, California
    I run WPA2 PSK with MAC filter and blocked SSID at home, no problem connecting with the (stock) Droid (2.1). Sometimes I do have to long press on the IP address and then press "connect."

3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    won the lottery
    WestSiiiide
    on a side note, have you checked out that great wifi tool Wifi Analyzer. it wont help this issue per se, but it gives great wifi details and ability to connect/disconnect connections.