• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi not connecting..?

SDotNY

May 7, 2010
NY
I noticed this today that my wifi wouldn't connect on my home network for some reason. I haven't had a chance to check out any other networks yet but was wondering if anyone maybe knew of a fix?

Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > WiFi Settings > under the Wi-Fi title it goes from Disconnected > Scanning > Connecting > then right back to disconnected.

Also shows my network as remembered and secured with WEP. Everything else I have around the house running wifi is fine, just seems to be an issue with my INC. I tried forgetting and adding the router, rebooted, tried airplane mode and back, no luck.

any advice?

Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same connection problem with my Droid Incredible. All the other devices in the house (Including my Droid Eris) connect just fine. It is an AT&T Wireless Gateway with WEP security.

The Incredible had no problems connecting to the Comcast router at my other house (don't ask) so I know WiFi works on it. I've done all the things I know to do. Unplugged the router, shut off the phone, pull the battery in the phone. Still no luck. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
My INC has started doing the same thing, however, only at home. At work, it finds and connects to the WiFi. It then stays connected. At home, it finds and connects, however, after about 10 seconds, it disconnects. So, at least it I know it has to be my setup on the INC or something with the router.

I have rebooted my INC and I even removed the network connection and re-entered it. No change.

Upvote 0
My INC has started doing the same thing, however, only at home. At work, it finds and connects to the WiFi. It then stays connected. At home, it finds and connects, however, after about 10 seconds, it disconnects. So, at least it I know it has to be my setup on the INC or something with the router.

I have rebooted my INC and I even removed the network connection and re-entered it. No change.

Did you try my suggestion above?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones