• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi not visible

WyckinaZ

Mar 3, 2011
Got Elelinux 3.1 now on my hero (this problem occured with 2.7 as well) and when im trying to connect to my home wifi it does not see it. It worked before without any problems and i think once i just "forgot the network" and after that it cannot see it. It works on other android (galaxy mini) and on sony erricsson aino but cannot work on my hero. I was thinking of reinstalling the radio on it but not sure whether it will do anything?
Any suggestion?

Thanks

If the existing radio has worked previously then there's no need to reinstall it.

A couple of thing to check/try....

1. Settings/Wireless & networks/Wifi settings then Menu/Advanced - ensure Regulatory domain is correct (13 channels unless you're in France (11) or USA (14) )

2. With wifi enabled, try switching to Airplane mode for a few minutes then switching back. This has been known to "kick start" a reluctant wireless connection.

3. Power off the phone (and preferably any other wireless devices), reboot your router and then try connecting. This will "refresh" the various routing and connectin tables in the router and may help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones