• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi not working after 2.2 update

rtb35

Android Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2010
Hiya guys,

I have just downloaded and installed the 2.2 update (2.10.405.2) and everything went well except now my wifi will not work.

I go into the wifi settings and it says "error" next to the wifi tab and it will not turn on.

Does anybody out there know how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Hey guys,

I had the same problem over here: After finishing successfully the OTA 2.10.405.2 installation on my htc DESIRE I encountered the WIFI problem.

It simply said Wifi: Error

To solve this probleme all you have to do is to reinstall the patch manually but this time using a gold card. (Yeah i forget to use one on my unbranded phone... this could be the source of the wifi error)

1.) reuse your old or create a new gold card
2.) download the patch 2.10.405.2 manually
[ota] htc eu 2.10.405.2 - 2.09.405.8 - xda-developers
3.) rename the OTA_Bravo_HTC_EU_2.10.405.2-2.09.405.8_releaseol2djq7rqarka2ka.zip file to update.zip and copy it to the root of your gold card
3.) reboot in recovery mode with your gold card inside and select the install:update.zip file as explained in the froyo guide
How to update and install Android 2.2 ( Froyo ) on Nexus One – SoftSailor
4.) reboot
5.) enjoy!

Remember: Next time use your gold card before updating the software ;)

Upvote 0
Thank you very much for that solution, ook!!!
I have the WWE version on my phone and was doubting if I would try it because the update you mentioned is the EU version... But I thought... what the heck... it's already messed up, so let's give it a try :)
And it worked!!! :D Me happy again!

By the way, I'm also considering making a gold card of my usual SD

Upvote 0
yeah why does this happen

I don't really know (hence my asking above). If I had to guess, id guess it was because the locking software (what locks you to a certain provider) can cause some sort of incompatibility and it probably isn't something HTC take into consideration because the providers piss around with the ROM anyway.

Id like to know if anyone who has unbranded and unlocked their orange/vodaphone/O2 etc phones can use OTA without a gold card without problem, having that sort of freedom to not need a gold card would make life easier, especially if I decide to sell it in the future. :D

Upvote 0
u need to tap another button again when u get to that screen striker, cant remember which, then u get the menu to install the update.

my phone was unlocked, and i unbranded it from 02. put stock 2.1 rom on it then got 2.2 OTA with my gold card in, but i did this latest little update without gold card and thats why my wifi got screwed.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I had the same problem over here: After finishing successfully the OTA 2.10.405.2 installation on my htc DESIRE I encountered the WIFI problem.

It simply said Wifi: Error

To solve this probleme all you have to do is to reinstall the patch manually but this time using a gold card. (Yeah i forget to use one on my unbranded phone... this could be the source of the wifi error)

1.) reuse your old or create a new gold card
2.) download the patch 2.10.405.2 manually
[ota] htc eu 2.10.405.2 - 2.09.405.8 - xda-developers
3.) rename the OTA_Bravo_HTC_EU_2.10.405.2-2.09.405.8_releaseol2djq7rqarka2ka.zip file to update.zip and copy it to the root of your gold card
3.) reboot in recovery mode with your gold card inside and select the install:update.zip file as explained in the froyo guide
How to update and install Android 2.2 ( Froyo ) on Nexus One

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones