• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi not working after 2.2 update

Hey guys, i update to 2.2 and wifi not working anymore.
Our region HTC didn't know this problem.
Who have russian certificate mobile they don't have this problem after update, my mobile from Taiwan and don't russian certificate.

What should i do? Maybe HTC will made some update to remove this problem or i should to do suggestion #4 ?

Upvote 0
I've finally resolved the issue by reinstalling the update manually, (as per post 4), but I had to make my SD card into a goldcard again before the fix would work for me.

I'd tried twice before with two different SD cards which had both been working goldcards and hadn't been formatted since, but after each reinstall the wifi error remained. So much for 'once a goldcard always a goldcard' then!

Upvote 0
after lots of study i failed :(
1. i made gold cadr.then download 4.82 mb(maybe) and HBoot after 20% it show failed.
2.then Download 25 MB file and rename it and put it in my SD card again do Recovery.after 30% it says Installation failed.

so whats wrong anybody can tell me.

Thanks i need my wifi back. plese help me.

btw i read someone said that pb999(like something) remove first) what is it ?

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I had the same problem over here: After finishing successfully the OTA 2.10.405.2 installation on my htc DESIRE I encountered the WIFI problem.

It simply said Wifi: Error

To solve this probleme all you have to do is to reinstall the patch manually but this time using a gold card. (Yeah i forget to use one on my unbranded phone... this could be the source of the wifi error)

1.) reuse your old or create a new gold card
2.) download the patch 2.10.405.2 manually
[ota] htc eu 2.10.405.2 - 2.09.405.8 - xda-developers
3.) rename the OTA_Bravo_HTC_EU_2.10.405.2-2.09.405.8_releaseol2djq7rqarka2ka.zip file to update.zip and copy it to the root of your gold card
3.) reboot in recovery mode with your gold card inside and select the install:update.zip file as explained in the froyo guide
How to update and install Android 2.2 ( Froyo ) on Nexus One – SoftSailor
4.) reboot
5.) enjoy!

Remember: Next time use your gold card before updating the software ;)
I have the same problem (when i switch on to wifi on its simply display : "Wifi Error") here you can see my Software infos:

Android Version : 2.2.1
Model no. : GT-S5670 (Galaxy Fit)
baseband version : S5670DDKA6
Kernel 2.6.32.9-perf root@SE-S605 #1
build number : FROYO.DDKB1

Pls. help me in this matter.

Jayesh Chavda

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones