• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wifi Not Working After Root

On a previous thread, we were able to successfully root the tablet through a bunch of various methods.

My tablet is rooted but the wifi does not work for me anymore. Anyone else having this issue and been able to fix it?

When I try to turn on wifi, it says that it is searching, then it says that it cannot find any access points so it turns itself off. I have at least two different access wifi points that I am trying to connect to. I tried connecting to my Evo's hotspot feature and my home's Netgear router and it cannot pick up either's signal nor the other signals in the neighborhood. Each of the wifi hotspots works in terms of connectivity with various other devices so I know that the problem is not with the wifi hotspots.

I have the Blue LED 7" tablet with 3G capabilities.

same problem with me.
all other device can connect to the internet successfully but my tablet cant detect the available wifi.

someone said that the antenna are hot so it turn itself off..

So what would the solution be?

Now that you mention it...I don't think I turned off the tablet and just left it off for a while...I'll try that and see if it solves the problem. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure I have even turned off the tablet since I rooted it some weeks back like as in powering it off...weird me cause that's usually my solution to most problems. I'll turn it off, leave it off for the night and turn it back on tomorrow and update this thread on the possible solution. So I'm turning it off right now at 10:51pm PST.

Upvote 0
Now it's 4:14pm PST and the wifi still hasn't turned off. I locked it for a while then unlocked it to check it and it said there was no connection until I bumped it into Settings and then it said that there was an active connection. I guess it just went into sleep for a few minutes of inactivity. It's plugged into the wall though.

It appears that this has been fixed and I now have a tablet with an internet connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones