1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi not working, do I need to upgrade Hboot on HTC Desire CDMA?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joepauljig, Sep 2, 2011.

1. joepauljig

joepauljig Lurker

Hey I posted this question over in the Oxygen forums as well but I thought maybe some of you guys here that knows the AlphaRevx stuff real well may be able to help.

I recently upgraded to the new Oxygen 2.2.2 and now my wifi is not working. By not working, I can see networks and attempt to connect to them but it never does connect. I'll see an message, "obtaining IP address" then after some time it will just say, "network disabled" or something similar and repeat the process. I had no issues with wifi on any previous Oxygen releases so I did a little research and others have stated that the original AlphaRevx Hboot I have may be the problem and I need to upgrade to the new R2 Oxygen Hboot. Can someone confirm this is the correct thing to do and also provide any useful tips or tricks on upgrading the Hboot? I'm still new to this process so the only tools I have used so far are the original AlphaRevx tool that rooted my phone with S-off and Clockwork Recovery that was installed by AlphaRevx.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I really don't see how the hboot could determine whether your WiFi connects or not, though CDMA devices are different from GSM, and I've no experience with them.

But more importantly, your phone is CDMA, whereas the Oxygen r2 hboot from alpharev.nl is for GSM devices. If you flash a GSM hboot on a CDMA device that will almost certainly be the end of your phone, so make very sure that anything you do is compatible.

3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Are you sure you're using the cdma Rom version of oxygen?

4. joepauljig

joepauljig Lurker

Hey guys.

I appreciate all the responses I have received from everyone. I'm a little embarrassed to say that the problem turned out to be the router in my network. All my PCs, and my IPad were showing connected with excellent signal so I thought because my phone wouldn't connect it had to be my phone. Upon further investigation none of my devices would connect and a hard reset of my router solved my problems.

I didn't notice it last night because I was using my phones data connection to make and respond to the posts. I'm sorry I didn't look at the basic stuff first. Sometimes we jump right to the hardest answers without checking the easy stuff first.

5. DNick

DNick Android Enthusiast

Lol, well I'm glad you got it figured out.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews