• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi not working

Set your IP address on the phone manually (to something unique that none of the other devices on your network are using) rather than letting it chose one for itself. Have all the other options (subnet, gateway, DNS) just match your computer.

Since you aren't getting the password screen your security settings are probably correct.

YMMV but this worked for me.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with my Captivate and the same router.

Someone said to open the AllShare app and it will connect. I found this after I solved my own problem.

What I did was hit the reset button on the back of the router. While it's on just press it with a pen and hold it for 5 seconds. This will factory reset so you'll lose all your settings - router name, security stuff etc so make a note of it before you do this.

After doing this however, I lost internet connectivity so I had to shut everything, turn the modem on first and wait for it to finish flashing, then the router, then the computer.

All's well now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones