• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wifi not working

spinoffle

Lurker
Feb 6, 2011
I just got my Captivate yesterday. I was able to set up wifi and it worked for some time. But it had stop working. In fact the wifi appears to be connected with the wifi icon on top. But I can access anything not even the router's admin webpage. Is there a known issue with wifi for this phone or Adroid in general? What's the solution?

It doesn't work with or without wifi security. All the other devices on the network works well. I've tried "forgetting" the WiFi connection and connect again.

Thanks!

I had a similar problem. Wifi would appear to be connected, but It had trouble sending and receiving data. My router would actually show my phone's IP address when I used the router's utilities to scan my network, but I could not connect to the phone, nor could I even ping it from my computer. (BTW Most routers won't let you get into the admin mode using a wireless device - you have to be cabled in to it for admin privileges.) I finally powered off the phone and was going to remove the battery when I accidentally hit the power button. When it powered up I decided to try a ping, and it worked. No need to take the battery out! My wifi issue is triggered by a bad router at my recreation center where I like to listen to an internet radio app (Tune In Radio). The app tries to connect, but then I have to turn off Wifi and use 3G. The app works fine, but later, when I try to connect to my home Wifi, it exhibits this problem. Not sure exactly what is causing it but I now know how to live with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones