1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wifi not working?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by diplomat1, Feb 17, 2011.

1. diplomat1

diplomat1 Newbie
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    First off my phone is not rooted. It is fully updated (thats the prl,profile,firmware and htc software). At home it connects to my wifi instead of using 3g which is good and i have always full wifi bars but sometimes 1 bar down. Anyway Now my thing is that i tryed to refresh the weather of my clock on my home page (the widget that comes with the phone) and it wouldnt work. It would always say cant connect or something. Then i tryed to send a mms with a pic inside it and i got a messege back sayin it couldnt be delivered because of general problem and it would retry and still not work. That is on 3g. I send the same pic 3 times and every time would go through. Then i turned wifi off and through 3g it went through. My question is why this is happening because i heard wifi is better and faster than 3g and saves more battery so what gives? Thanks

Advertisement

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    From what I have seen...for some reason the evo typically sends mms and some data through 3g, even with wifi enabled and connected.

Sometimes it gets confused and won't initiate the 3g connection to do so, others it does. To the average user ...you never see the transition and the assumption made is that everything is happening over wifi while connected to wifi.

Some things you can try are to call sprint from a different phone and ask them to reprovision your phone. This seems to fix many 3g issues lately.

3. diplomat1

diplomat1 Newbie
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Soung good Mr.Ed. I will do that tomorrow. Thanks

4. jamesdean

jamesdean Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 14, 2009
    Every so often my wireless router will drop its IP address and needs to be power cycled. It does not happen often but when it does I have the same problem obviously because the wireless router not longer has Internet access. I get a no connection - retry again error on the EVO.

Just for giggles and grins you might try a reboot on your wireless router and see what happens.

Tags: