• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi not working

fchn139

Feb 24, 2012
I bought a INC2 from a guy last week. It is unlocked so It works perfectly with my ATT sim and I managed to get 2G running. Then I checked the GPS, Camera and so on, everything looks fine until I wen back to home. Because there is no Wifi network in my work place so I didn't find the wifi seems not working. The phone cannot found any wireless network at all. I am sure I made the ssid is broadcasting. I was thought it probably not happy with my wireless router so I closed all security setting. But the phone still cannot find the open network. So I drove to our library where have public wireless access, still nothing. On my way back, I use my other phone as a hotspot, nothing happened even I put two phone together.
Here is a list of things I did in next couple days, went to a office building which hosted a lot of company. Almost all of these company have some sort of wireless network, my other phone in my right hand can found at least 10 networks while the INC2 which in my left hand can find none. I flashed the ROM to CM7, nothing. update radio, nothing.
Flashed to skyrider, nothing. update radio, nothing...

The guy who sold me the phone said the wifi is working perfectly when he is using it with verizon. He updated to iPhone month before so he didn't notice if the phone stop work with wifi after his update. He seems to me a honest guy.....

any idea?

TIA

yes, it is on. after check the box, there is "scanning..." under the option. then nothing. after 15s or so, the "scanning...." will show again. then nothing. it will repeat this scan process until I uncheck the box

Just taking baby steps, as i dont know how familiar you are with Android ...

Go into Settings>Wireless & Networks

1. make sure WiFi is checked
2. click on Wifi Settings
3. again make sure it is still checked
4. you should see a list of available networks here
5. click on your network
6. enter password if its protected, wait for it to identify and connect

have you done all of this?

Upvote 0
Will Hardware failure prevent the normal booting? I think so. It is getting really interesting now.

I am not sure. I still think I would look at the antenna. It's in the battery cover, and different from the cellular antenna. Maybe find someone else who has an Inc2 and swap covers as an experiment.

Have you inspected al of the contacts for the antennas on the phone?

Upvote 0
I looking for another INC2 now. Meanwhile, someone said I have to active this phone with Verizon in order to get wifi work.... I highly doubt it..... Is it possible?
I am not sure. I still think I would look at the antenna. It's in the battery cover, and different from the cellular antenna. Maybe find someone else who has an Inc2 and swap covers as an experiment.

Have you inspected al of the contacts for the antennas on the phone?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones