1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support WiFi occasionally doesn't connect

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kessie, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Kessie

Kessie Member

Nov 15, 2010
    I looked through previous threads about WiFi, and didn't see my exact problem. Also... fair warning... reading your posts here I feel even more technology ignorant than usual, so sorry if I ask very basic questions. Or if my answer is out there and I just didn't understand the lingo. I usually don't use WiFi very much, but certain apps require it, so I turn it on when I use those. But for some reason, my phone (original Droid) about half the time won't connect until I go turn off the router and turn it back on. It just says "Acquiring IP Address" (or something like that) for a long time, failing, and trying again. Like I said... it starts working if I restart the router, but that's getting annoying. I have the sleep setting turned off and other equipment in the house connects to the WiFi without a problem. Any ideas what might be wrong? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Kessie

Kessie Member

Nov 15, 2010
    I solved the problem. Had to change some settings on my router. If anyone has the same problem and wants instructions for the fix, let me know.