• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi poor after Gingerbread upgrade

55brianb

May 11, 2010
I had a battery problem with my 7" Galaxy Tab and had to send it back for repair under the warranty.

When I got it back the battery problem had been fixed, but they had also upgraded Android from Froyo to Gingerbread (2.3.3), and since then the wifi has been poor. It seems to have lost sensitivity and networks (including my home and work networks) are now weak and so slow they're unusable, so I'm having to use a 3G data plan most of the time.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have found wifi on all samsung products I have to be poor in some way (Galaxy S and Galaxy Tab 7)

The SGS doesnt auto connect to wifi networks (running the default firware it came with from Optus in AU) and the tab 7 wifi will connect, but then loses internet connectivity say, overnight. Don't know how or why.

In summary - I think all Samsung products have wifi problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones