1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Wifi priority question and multi tasking

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dr.emits, Jul 22, 2009.

1. dr.emits

dr.emits New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Hi,

Just two quick questions: When connected to wifi, do internet connections made on the device automatically go via wifi as opposed to 3g etc and if not then is there a way to organise which wireless connection 'methods' have higher priority (i'm worried about excessive data costs).

Second question is: Is there any multi tasking support on the Magic and if so then how do you switch between applications?

Advertisement

2. iudex

iudex Member

Jun 18, 2009
    When wifi is connect, Android uses this before for example 3g or other connection types. So yes, this is 1st priority.

About multi-tasking; yes, Android is a multi-tasking OS (try for example to use the music player while you surf the Internet etc.). I guess the use of multi-tasking is only limited to how the programs you use have been programmed to work.

draffodx likes this.
  3. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Scientist
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    If I want to quickly switch between 2-3 programs I hold the home key until the 6 most recent apps are displayed and select the one I want to switch to.

If you're going to do a lot of multi-tasking I recommend using taskiller to close background apps when ever the phones starts to slow down.

Tags: