1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support wifi problem after pushed software update today

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aaron, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Aaron

Aaron Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2013
    I got the message this morning to install the update while at work. Right after install finished and rebooted i noticed that the wifi didnt come on. I looked in wifi settings and it was stuck in a loop connecting and disconnecting, but it never would get an ip adress from server. I clicked forget and turned phone off and pulled battery. Then added the wifi network back. It connected and worked, until i got out of range then it would not reconnect again. I tried over again 10 times and it keeps doing this. I installed fxr fix wifi program from app store still not working. My wifi is working fine at my house.

the wifi type is PEAP with enterprise login and password

anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Try WiFi ACE, go to enterprise configuration/phase 2 option and select mschapv2.

3. Aaron

Aaron Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2013
    Thx for the reply.

I have been using phase2 setup with mschapv2 already, my stock wifi settings let me choose this. I can try the app tomorrow if you think it might work Thanks for the help.

4. jmatherly411

jmatherly411 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 7, 2012
    Male
    The Lawn Star (Owner/Operator)
    Virginia
    Backup your contracts anything thats important to you and do a factory reset. If the update was a firmware upgrade there could have been some changes done to the phone's radio. After any update whether its firmware or a Android software upgrade I always do a factory reset, its like having a new phone again. Hopefully the factory reset will do the trick :)