• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wifi problem big style

HTC have admitted there was a bug in the latest 2.3.3 update, I think it only affects certain routers though as I can connect fine to my home and work one, which is lucky, but like El Presidente said, assign yourself a static IP address and it will usually fix most issues. I'm not sure if they are going to release a small update to fix this issue or not.

Upvote 0
A friend of mines wireless router intermittently only allows one WiFi connection at a time (or 1 HTC WiFi device to be connected at a time) which is bizarre and does not happen all the time, so yeah, I'd do what Landovr said and restart your router.
I'm running RUU_Ace_Gingerbread_S_HTC_WWE_2.36.405.8_R_Radio_12.54.60.25_26.09.04.11_M2_release_187331_signed without a single WiFi issue. So the 2.3.3 WiFi issue does NOT effect everyone.

Cheers,
Sombre.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones