1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi problem on Galaxy S5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andriodlad, Oct 2, 2014.

1. andriodlad

andriodlad Lurker

I just bought the samsung galaxy s5 and it seems to be working great so far but the only issue i have is that it is now slower on my wifi on a better router ( belkin ac1200 db) when i get on instagram or snapchat the loading time takes longer. my connection is good for every other device in my home but it is just bad on my S5. Funny thing is that i can go to a friends house or public place with wifi and it works lightening fast than. i think maybe it has to do with a connection from my router to my S5 but i don't know what it could be.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Delete the WiFi connection that is currently for your home router.

Restart the S5

Then reconnect to the home WiFi and report back to us.

3. andriodlad

andriodlad Lurker

I've disconnected from wifi and have even forgot the network on the S5 and restarted the phone but only to no success or progress.

4. acraftylady

acraftylady Android Enthusiast

Try rebooting your router. Mary

5. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Install a WiFi sniffer program and take a look to see if their is any interfering WiFi signals in your home area.

Also, the default channel is 11, Change that to a lower channel number below 6. That area is usually unused.

Secure your home WiFi with a password.

This is a very good app to use, gives you a lot of information in one package.

* WiFi Overview 360 Pro - Android Apps on Google Play

6. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Hi, if your router has a USB port try connecting through that, if it is faster you know your router is OK, the issue might be with your phones Wi-Fi. Phil

7. andriodlad

andriodlad Lurker

I connected to the router through the usb port and no success there either. does anyone know if maybe the modem could have something to do with the problem?? I'm thinking that it has to do something between my router(brand new AC1200 DB belkin) internet provider(comcast).

8. jlzibell

jlzibell Member

Have you run a speed test from you computer? Try Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test They also have an android app in the play store. If you have a slow connection to comcast, that could be your problem.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews