• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi problem. Please help me.

Hi everyone!

I'll try my best to explain what the issue is as my level of expertise when it comes to tech stuff is not advanced.

I have uTorrent installed on my Xiaomi Device.
My internet works fine. I have VDSL plan 20 Mbps.
Whenever I download a uTorrent file on my Xiaomi device, it works ok, the download speed is ok. It reaches 2.5 MBps, just the right download speed for my VDSL plan.
However, I have 1 other device (Samsung Phone)
When I try to go to the internet with this Samsung device, it still detects the wifi signal, but it gives me an error saying my connection has timed out, and that little exclamation mark thing on the wifi symbol appears. When I go to youtube for instance, my Samsung device tells me I'm offline. Now when I look at my Xiaomi device, the download is still running.
Whenever I stop the uTorrent app, the internet comes back in my Samsung device. So I was able to rule out that the problem is the uTorrent. However, this never happened before. My modem router just got replaced as upgraded my ISP's plan. Before, I download things on the internet with no problem at all.

What I did so far?
I adjusted uTorrent's maximum download limit to just 500 KBps, as I was thinking that if I set it to Maximum, it will consume my bandwidth. But no, this didn't work. I was still getting the same trouble.

Hoping you guys can help me. Thank you so much!

Reactions: tommo47
Hi everyone!

I'll try my best to explain what the issue is as my level of expertise when it comes to tech stuff is not advanced.

I have uTorrent installed on my Xiaomi Device.
My internet works fine. I have VDSL plan 20 Mbps.
Whenever I download a uTorrent file on my Xiaomi device, it works ok, the download speed is ok. It reaches 2.5 MBps, just the right download speed for my VDSL plan.
However, I have 1 other device (Samsung Phone)
When I try to go to the internet with this Samsung device, it still detects the wifi signal, but it gives me an error saying my connection has timed out, and that little exclamation mark thing on the wifi symbol appears. When I go to youtube for instance, my Samsung device tells me I'm offline. Now when I look at my Xiaomi device, the download is still running.
Whenever I stop the uTorrent app, the internet comes back in my Samsung device. So I was able to rule out that the problem is the uTorrent. However, this never happened before. My modem router just got replaced as upgraded my ISP's plan. Before, I download things on the internet with no problem at all.

What I did so far?
I adjusted uTorrent's maximum download limit to just 500 KBps, as I was thinking that if I set it to Maximum, it will consume my bandwidth. But no, this didn't work. I was still getting the same trouble.

Hoping you guys can help me. Thank you so much!

Config torrent to use a different port and use a vpn

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0
You shouldn't be using any torrent app without going through a VPN. Carriers continuously scan for such activity so you have to take steps to avoid their oversight.

Also, keep in mind that when using bittorrent it's a download/upload service. If all you're focusing on is download speed, there's also upload speed to account for, and both will affect the overall bandwidth of your DSL connection.

Upvote 0
UMMMM issues at home there @Steven58.....LOL!!!!!!!

Ha! You know I remarried last year after 38 years of marriage (I married when I was 20.). My first wife died in 2017 and I remarried in 2019. I'm actually super happy and blessed...BUT, all seriousness aside? You reply was very funny!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones