• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi Problem

Hello ! Recently I had a problem with one of the sim slots and I took my phone to the service centre. I took it back, but obviously they have done something to the wifi antenna, because the signal now is very week, even right next to the router. The problem is not in the router itself. I don't want to get my phone back to the service centre, because of many reasons. I understood that the problem could be in the wifi antenna, but I don't know where it is, in order to try to at least clean it. Can you help me? Thanks!

Attachments

• WP_20160314_18_17_23_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160314_18_17_23_Pro.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 76
You referring to the thing on the back of the battery, above the barcode? That's a thermal sensor, to ensure it doesn't get too hot and explode while charging. That only needs two connections. Have you looked on the other side of the assembly, logic board, and back of touchscreen? Post a pic of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Hi 1) Try removing the Wifi information then do a soft reset to the phone. After that's complete, Reinter your Wifi information back into the appropriate place and watch for its connection.
2) If it the problems persist with that connection see if any other Wifi connect Ed devices is having similar problems. If so your router need to be reset and repeat process 1) over again.
2) Try a different connection like a hot spot of some sort. If the device having been damaged from accident or missing handling it, there should be no reason for the device hotspot to malfunction.
3) If all fail do a hard reset of the device. NOTE: back up anything you don't want to be lost before you do a hard reset and remember to remove your SIM CARD and any SD CARD before do a hard reset to your device.
4) replace your sim card and your SD card after the reset is complete and enter in all your information to set your device backups.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones