• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi problem

My droid won't pick up wifi even when there is no tower available. It gives me a wifi symbol with a ? over it. Can anyone help?

I'm new to the Droid as well. I too ran into that problem while I was having my coffee at Starbucks.

I decided to try to connect to Starbucks WiFi, connected no problem. I had to open my browser to learn that I had to pay for Internet access.

Upvote 0
Hello All,

My two brothers and I all have the Droid, and none of us can connect to my home wifi network. It says we are connected but when we go to the browser there is no connection. Soon as we turn off wifi, we connect via the 3G network. I have WEP enabled and we put in the correct nfo but still no connection. Does anyone else have this problem, and how did you correct it. I have the linksys dualband router. Thanks for your help communicty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones