1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

wifi problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slugshot_90, Jul 1, 2011.

1. slugshot_90

slugshot_90 Newbie
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    Lowes
    Loxahatchee, FL
    So the wifi on my phone is having issues. normally it works no problem but for some reason if i have my wifi on while im home and my internet goes out at my house and then comes back the wifi on my phone no longer works for connecting to my router, the phone just sits at "obtaining ip address" and keeps retrying. the weird part is, is that the phone will work at my friends no problem after this but not on mine and all the other phones in my house have no problem connecting to my router its just mine that gives me problems.

The only way for me to fix it is to restore the phone then it works no problem until my internet goes out for some reason or another then phone wont connect anymore and i have to restore again

anyone know a solution for this?

Advertisement

2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    student
    north alabama
    if you unplug our router for 30 seconds and plug it back in it should usually fix it. mine used to do that a long time ago before i started using ROMs which have fixed it ever since. it depends on what type of router you have though, mine was a linksys, which is long gone now

3. slugshot_90

slugshot_90 Newbie
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    Lowes
    Loxahatchee, FL
    nah restarting the router doesn't work I have tried that plenty of times