1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Artur102, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Artur102

Artur102 Lurker

Hei ! I got SM-A520f phone with android ver 8.0.
    I changed the system thru odin, but after this happend problems:
    The wifi is not working with Google Play, Samsung Cloud, Chrome, Internet.
    But with Facebook, Instagram wifi is working ... Strange !
    I changed everything on wifi - name, gateway address, IPv4 address but no change.
    I got another Android A20s and everything is working on phone and Ipad. There no problem with router.
    I start think that the problem with wifi on phone.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what do you mean "changed the system" thru odin? did you flash a firmware? was it the right one specifically for your device?

3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

If you flashed a different ROM onto your device and now your having problems with some functions, it's either a matter of not using the correct ROM or if it is, you need to contact the developers of that third-party ROM for help on fixing what isn't working now.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. Artur102

Artur102 Lurker

Hei! Yes I flash a firmware. I got the firmware from
    https://www.imei.info/pl/download-f...alaxy-a5-2017/SM-A520F/ILO/?pda=A520FXXUBCSI2
    IMEI.info: Model:SM-A520F / Galaxy A5PDA/AP Version:A520FXXUBCSI2CSC Version:A520FOJKBCSI1 Bootloader/ BL:A520FXXUBCSI2 Region:ILO / Israel[​IMG] Carrier/Brand: OPEN[​IMG]OS:Android / Oreo[​IMG]OS Version:8.0.0 Build Date:01/10/2019 Security Patch Level:N/A Changelist:13670986CRC:2376628513 Size:2.44 GB

Maybe the rom is not right. Or where i get right firmware for Sm-A520F .

5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

OK, after re-reading your initial posting the problem appears to be a WiFi issue. The ROM matter may not be a factor at all. My bad, apologies.
    Is your phone having the same problem connecting to a different WiFi network? (at a friend's home, or work, or wherever) That would indicate a problem centered on your phone.
    If it does however, that could be an issue with your home WiFi. Try restarting your router. Yes you stated you're not have an issue with other devices connected to it, but the issue to address is how this phone is interacting with your router. Networking in general is just not that simple, just because other devices are not having a problem is irrelevant.
    Also, given that you've also been experimenting with various options in your router's configuration, that might not be the best way to diagnose a problem unless you're also aware of each change you made and why. It might be best to just reset your router to it's defaults and reconfigure it from scratch. Get you home network set up in a stable, reliable way with good security enabled, then connect all your devices to it.

ocnbrze and Artur102 like this.
  6. Artur102

Artur102 Lurker

Hi all!
    With different wifi everything are working. But my home wifi - are working only Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, Chrome only for Youtube (all other URL's is no internet access). Same thing with same mode.
    When I use manual mode wifi with dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 everything i same - no internet.

upload_2020-2-9_20-25-53.png

7. Artur102

Artur102 Lurker

Maybe there are different ROM that i can flash to my phone? If possible with supporting hebrew language.

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) release date was January 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7880 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

January 2017
Release Date
Reviews