1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Wifi Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by djkleric, Feb 22, 2011.

1. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member

When ever I turn WIFI on my phone it will conect at full strength then lose signal. I also saw that I would lose signal on my PC. If I turn off my WIFI on the phone I wont have the conection issue with the PC, that only happens with WIFI on. kind of wierd and that never happened with my EVO that is sitting next to me.

Advertisement

2. Well first of all it is not the ROM in MT4G's problem as you should look in to your own wireless setting in the router/modem. Now depending on the features which can be different person to person, but I suggest you look in to the security settings.

Do what I do as I manfully set up the WiFi profile on MT4G and on my router with static LAN IP so when it is doing the ARP broadcast on AP for DHCP lease it always retrieve same policies based on mac filter. Now sometime if its not done manully then the LAN IP for PC will be bumped and when MT4G connects its assgined the deafult PC's IP to MT4G's IP. Now keep in mind this all depends on your own setting and the available IP pool on LAN when you originally setup DHCP.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know if you need any help setting up as I said depending on the hardware, software (firmware) its never the same but the basic idea is always same.

3. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member

I will try this, Thank you