• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wifi problems

i recently bought the samsung galaxy ace and i tried to connect to wifi. and whenever i try to connect, it disconnects and says its out of range and now i dont have wifi or 3g. ive tried rebooting and everything, but does downgrading it back to froyo work( mine is 2.3.3)? and how do i do it

i recently bought the samsung galaxy ace and i tried to connect to wifi. and whenever i try to connect, it disconnects and says its out of range and now i dont have wifi or 3g. ive tried rebooting and everything, but does downgrading it back to froyo work( mine is 2.3.3)? and how do i do it

I sorry to ask this, but doesnt that connection needs password?

Upvote 0
i typed in the password ik wat im doing

Are you sure SSID, type of security and password are rigth?

You can power off your phone , remove the battery, leave the battery out for about 1 minute, replace the battery, and power the phone back on.

You may can try get out of range of the network, chose forget Network, and come back to range and connect again, with password.

You can go to settings => Wif => settings =>Advanced => see if there is something suspicious, like static IP

But, I believe first of all, try one open network, like a free hotspot, to be sure the problem is in phone, and not in router.

Hope I helped

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones