1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

WiFi problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maniaque, May 20, 2010.

1. maniaque

maniaque Member

May 18, 2010
    Hillsboro, OR
    I can't figure out why my Hero won't connect to my home wireless system.
    I'm able to connect in other hotspots around town but for some reason not in my own home.
    I have my router set up with WPA-Personal security and after numerous times attempting to connect by entering that god awful encryption key (learned how to cut & paste on the Hero) no luck.
    Reading other threads on this subject I took someone's advise and reset the router to use WEP security with the same results.
    I have a wireless laptop and printer in the household that use my wireless system just fine. Why won't my Hero play nice?
    Any hints, tricks?

thanks,
    Maniaque.

Advertisement

2. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Is your router using 802.11N? It has to be B or G, I think, for the Hero.
    Good Luck!

3. TheButcher

TheButcher Active Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I just updated my Hero to 2.1 and now I am not able to connect to my wireless network either. I used to be able to connect before the update.
    I am also getting an error that states com.htc.bgp has stopped unexpectedly but I don't think they are related.

4. h00k247

h00k247 Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Same thing here. After I completed the 2.1 update earlier today I lost the ability to connect to my router. I have yet to try another router.

5. maniaque

maniaque Member

May 18, 2010
    Hillsboro, OR
    (Yes, it is a G)
    Okay, so if I problem has been identified, what is the "official" process for getting actual support to fix it?
    It's not like I'm using some oddball hardware. A Linksys Wireless G router is hardly bleeding edge or rare technology.

Sorry for the really dumb question, but how/where do I find the OS version on the phone?

6. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Menu > About Phone > scroll down to Software Version.

Good Luck!

Tags: