• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi question

Yes, it needs to be switched on but many posts have shown where it can save you battery if you leave it on. I would say if you use it a lot in different places, it is better to leave it on. If you only use it in 1 place, leave it off.

You can also set it to sleep so it doesn't consume a lot of battery.

If you decide you want to leave it off, try Tasker from the market. You can automate events like enabling the WLAN radio at certain times or other conditions. It is a paid app but well worth it IMO.

Edit: Because I can't read.

Upvote 0
As for Y5 Battery Saver. It can recognize locations to identify when you are in range of a wifi you've previously connected to and it turns on wifi for you. For example, I've connected to my wifi at home but I've left home so it turns off the wifi. It monitors location (by cell towers?) and turns wifi back on when I return home.

Please note: I'm not trying to sell anything- I haven't tried it myself yet, I'm just trying to offer some information that you can further explore for yourself.

Upvote 0
As for Y5 Battery Saver. It can recognize locations to identify when you are in range of a wifi you've previously connected to and it turns on wifi for you. For example, I've connected to my wifi at home but I've left home so it turns off the wifi. It monitors location (by cell towers?) and turns wifi back on when I return home.

Please note: I'm not trying to sell anything- I haven't tried it myself yet, I'm just trying to offer some information that you can further explore for yourself.

Thank u for the help and tips

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones