1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WiFi radio fried? reboots phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FMG, Apr 24, 2012.

1. FMG

FMG Lurker

Earlier today my Triumph (CM7, TG-Reloaded 3/25) started rebooting cycling, only getting to the load animation.

Pulling the battery didn't fix it, so I reflashed my cm7 rom that was still on my card. It worked... until I turned on WiFi. Every time it locks then reboots. Same happens when I try turning on the hotspot.

I've tried a couple of CM7 roms and even flashed back to stock and WiFi still crashes the phone as soon as I turn it on.

This was purchased from Amazon about 4 months ago. I love the phone, even with the issues that are common to the Triumph. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try? I'm guessing I have some hardware failure which will require replacement. Any advice on making sure I am able to get the phone replaced?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mantera

mantera Android Expert

If you're running stock froyo with no apps and the phone still reboots when turning on wifi, then it does sound like your wifi hardware may be faulty. Call vm for the replacement and they should take care of you.

3. FMG

FMG Lurker

Wow. After some minor problems getting through to service, I spoke to them yesterday with only one quick transfer. They quickly agreed that this was a hardware problem with no real troubleshooting outside what I had already done. They said they were shipping a phone to be here in 3-5... IT GOT HERE TODAY! They overnighted a new phone for me on $25 a month service on a no contract phone off from amazon. I heard others talking about Virgin's more than generous policy on replacing phones but I'm still surprised and impressed.

I was thinking about switching to straight talk after hearing some talk about it, but after receiving this quality of service for the monthly fee I have there's no way I'm switching right now.

I'm just going to drop into CWM and factory reset/install stock before shipping it back.

*When I do end up switching phones I'll probably jump services before Virgin just updated today that switching to a new phone after 5/27 will result in being bumped up to the new pricing $25 grandfathered plan to the $35 plan.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews