1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wifi range issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jhaskey, Oct 16, 2011.

1. jhaskey

jhaskey Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    Didn't see anything here about the WiFi range issues with the S2. I got mine Thu and am not happy at all. Reception is marginal when other devices work just fine. AT&T "is not aware of any issues with the phone". I'll ask Samsung Mon morning and see what they say. I see two choices, being allowed to have an unlimited data plan or returning the phone. Sad. Since this phone has been available world-wide for several months I was hoping that the bugs were worked out.

Advertisement

2. Miralcos

Miralcos Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    That is the only issue I have with this phone. And it's a biggie. :(

3. jhaskey

jhaskey Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    Samsung denies any issues with the phone. I found this video on YouTube:

Samsung Galaxy S2 - WIFI roaming testing - YouTube

which seems to demonstrate the problem pretty clearly. I've done some web surfing but haven't found a definitive solution that actually works/helps. :mad:

4. N6EAJ

N6EAJ Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    electrical engineer (analog)
    Escondido, CA.
    I noticed the wifi sensitivity was a little weak on the GSII. At home where the router is up high and in the middle of the house, I have no problems anywhere in the house. At work, the wifi is much more spotty and I find places (my favorite bathroom stall for example ;)) where the wifi gets weak enough that I don't get a reliable connection. At this same location, my iPhone 4 showed a weak signal but was able to pull data out no problem. I turn wifi off at work now and turn it on at home. The HSPA+ signal at work is strong so it isn't a problem for me (I also have unlimited data).