• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wifi reconnecting constantly cause battery to drain..

Robert7107

Android Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2011
cameron park ca
i use wifi at home its fast,secure at work we have free wifi but its slow,unsecured and timed and open to public. it seems to disconnnect often atleast several times in a hour. wondering it that would drain battery if so more than just using 4g? i have a plan that allows 3gb a month i use 800-900 mb on average.. when i start work its 100% battery after 9 hrs its down to 40% or less..

i dont have the option to turn off data. the wifi at work doesnt seem to stay connected a problem that has happen to others as well and wont be fixed any time soon since its a luxury only. i check box to accept terms of wifi use and timer starts with 1 hour count down. but i loose connection often and well before hour is out i have had to recheck box again. wifi on phone is fine use at home with no issues. just wondering if the constant loss of connect and it reconnecting is causing it to drain battery faster than just turning off wifi and just use 4g.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones