1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Wifi Says Disabled, yet it works for other devices

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hookturn, Mar 9, 2019.

1. hookturn

hookturn Lurker

Recently I noticed I could not get wifi in my apt. I always was able to in the past. I'm sitting about 10 feet from the wifi router. I've looked everywhere on my phone to try and solve this but to no avail. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Best Answer:
    Post #7 by hookturn, Mar 9, 2019 (1 points)
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Have you tried restarting or resetting it?

Dannydet likes this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

So what exactly says "disabled"?

5. hookturn

hookturn Lurker

If you mean turning it on and off yes. I turn it off at night. don't know any other way, have never seen a restart like on a pc

6. hookturn

hookturn Lurker

When I turn off roaming and turn on wifi, it used to automatically hook up. My TV and PC provider is Xfinity so that is the name of the Wifi I connect to. So now I go to settings>network & Internet tap wifi, it says not connected, I tap it again and it shows a list of Wifi signals, under Xfinity (the one I use) it says disables

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

When you hold down the power button, does it come up with "restart" or "off", just like a PC.

8. hookturn

hookturn Lurker

OH, ya. Never bothered to restart, just did. Haha what a dummy, do that on my pc for many things. Just tried it no help, still says disabled.

9. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

So what if you press and hold the network name: that should give you options, one of which hopefully will be to re-enable it.

(I'm guessing that you accidentally hit something that told the phone to forget this network).

10. hookturn

hookturn Lurker

I"m taking it to the Verizon store where I bought it. They can figure it out. Thanks for your hlep

Moto Z(3) Forum

The Moto Z(3) release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.01" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews