• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wifi searching will not stop

Yes, that scanning is normal. Samsung tablets are designed to look for wifi connections that you have had before. You'll see them in the list of wifi networks in Settings with the notation "Not in Range" (or something similar). If you happen to travel to one of these locations where you've set up a connection before, the tablet will automatically try to re-establish the connection for you. You don't have to do anything.

I think this is a great feature, and I've seen it work perfectly as I travel around to various places I've visited in the past. And this feature uses very little battery power.

Maybe this is a common feature on many other tablets, I don't know, since I only use Samsung's products.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones