1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Wifi server error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dasto, Sep 26, 2010.

1. dasto

dasto New Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Wifi is on; hotel server found; connected to hotel server; but where do I input the hotel server password? Browser just indicates server error.

I also have my itouch with me and after it connects with hotel server, a sign-on screen comes up and I enter the server password.

Can't get the Captivate to supply a sign-on screen. Is there some other way to enter the server password that was supplied to me?

Advertisement

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    Try this: Menu/more/settings/wifi & networks. Now click on the hotel connection and a box should pop up. Enjoy free data complaments of your hotel.

3. dasto

dasto New Member

Sep 3, 2010
    JayC
    I select the hotel; no box pops-up, but it connects and shows connected; then I start the browser but when it tries to connect to a site it errors out stating a server error.

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    You could try another browser such as Dolphin. Honestly though many of these log-on portal systems are horribly brain-dead and don't play well with anything but a PC running Windows (and sometimes going as far as requiring Internet Explorer).

As it is, AT&T's own hotspot portals at Barnes & Noble won't work with the Captivate's browser.