• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WiFi sniffer\locator app?

Dick08

Lurker
Nov 14, 2009
Hi guys, does anyone know of a good robust Wifi sniffer app?

BTW, this is my first post as I just got the Droid. I'm a long time Verizon subscriber and have been sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for an Android phone since it's inception. I'm in heaven right now and stoked that I found this forum right off the bat!

Oh yeah I suppose an explanation would help you.

I do a lot of home networking, so it's nice to have a little built in wifi sniffer to help set up access points. With something like Wifi analyzer I can walk around and see where the signal is strongest to weakest and where signals overlap.

The built in app simply states that there 'are' some signals around.

Upvote 0

I do a lot of home networking, so it's nice to have a little built in wifi sniffer to help set up access points. With something like Wifi analyzer I can walk around and see where the signal is strongest to weakest and where signals overlap.

Get Wifi Analyzer. Perfect for your needs. I also recommend the app Wardrive. Obviously that's not just for analyzing signals in your house though :D

Upvote 0

Thanks! :)

Upvote 0
Yes so far Wifi Analyzer FTW!

I understand Wardriving (not what I'm looking for though ;)) but does Wardrive let you plot locations into your Google Maps or something?

I know you can Export the KML files but Haven't figured out if I can import them into Google Maps on the Device... or just Google Earth on the PC..or what.. But WarDrive is a lovely program..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones