• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wifi still cuts off-after few days of phone reset

since the ics update everything is fine, however i cant connect to my wifi.

I have to always reset the phone, after this i can connect to my wifi but only for a few days. I have to reset all over again.

Is there any other solution to this?

I just wrote about it in another, similar thread discussing ICS upgrades.

Seem like it's a fairly common problem, and everyone who suffered it, get it fixed by Factory restoring the phone. I was really hoping I managed to escape it, turned out tho, it came to haunt me in 2 days time :) So, as recommended by others, I Factory Restore the phone. Ever since I did that, works like charm. Not just that, many others things works much better and faster.

Keep in mind, it's not just an upgrade but major OS overhaul. Some previous setting leftovers, don't play well with the new ICS.

regards

Seba

Upvote 0
I just wrote about it in another, similar thread discussing ICS upgrades.

Seem like it's a fairly common problem, and everyone who suffered it, get it fixed by Factory restoring the phone. I was really hoping I managed to escape it, turned out tho, it came to haunt me in 2 days time :) So, as recommended by others, I Factory Restore the phone. Ever since I did that, works like charm. Not just that, many others things works much better and faster.

Keep in mind, it's not just an upgrade but major OS overhaul. Some previous setting leftovers, don't play well with the new ICS.

regards

Seba

Hi

Sorry if there was misinterpretation, but by 'reset' i mean restoring the phone to its original state. Is 'Factory Restore' another method of resetting the phone?

Upvote 0
Hi

Sorry if there was misinterpretation, but by 'reset' i mean restoring the phone to its original state. Is 'Factory Restore' another method of resetting the phone?

Hi there
By reset I assumed you meant restart. That's the quickest way to fix some problems. Factory Restore is like format, you remove all the apps, preferences and settings, making it as it was upon purchase, and everything gets install fresh.

Upvote 0
Don't know. If you factory reset the phone, then that's pretty much what you can do. Which wifi is not connecting properly? Have you tried public wifi with dynamic IP as well as maybe the office wifi that might come with fixed IP? Which is not working properly?

Maybe test both and see. Else, maybe have to bring it to a service center and see if the firmware wasn't upgraded properly and they can help to redo the upgrade.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones