1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WiFi strength always low

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tmar89, Feb 3, 2011.

1. tmar89

tmar89 Newbie

Does anyone notice poor WiFi reception on their phone? While sitting on the couch with my fiancee with her iphone 3gs, we both have our wifi connected to the home router which is in the other room on the same floor, and my signal is at 1 bar and her's is full. What's the deal with the phone's wifi antenna? I'm running stock 2.1update1

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

this is a noted issue in my galaxy s phones...mine seems to be pretty good, but id say more often than not its worse than other smartphones

3. Crucial

Crucial Well-Known Member

This might just be me, but in the DL30 Froyo leak I swear my signal strength is better than it was prior to the leak. I'm relatively sure the ROM has absolutely NOTHING to do with the WiFi reception, so I have to chalk it up to fluke, but it is something I've noticed.

4. wowser

wowser Well-Known Member

mine sucks too. the only way i get full wifi bars is if i stick my phone in front of the router. The table i set my phone on to charge every night is about 6ft away in the same room as the router and it always shows 1 bar.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews