• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi stuck on obtaining ip address.

Fawadgk

Lurker
Jul 18, 2011
So basically the phone when connecting to a network gets stuck on obtaining ip address then disconnects and tries again. This has happened on every network I've tried it on. I've also tired hard and soft resets on the phone as well as a factory reset and still doesn't work. Help Please.:thinking:

So basically the phone when connecting to a network gets stuck on obtaining ip address then disconnects and tries again. This has happened on every network I've tried it on. I've also tired hard and soft resets on the phone as well as a factory reset and still doesn't work. Help Please.:thinking:

Did you reset the router?

That usually does the trick.

Happens to me all the time. Not just to the phone, but my other laptops and my PS3's.

Upvote 0
I have a question I know what a master reset is but what is a hard and soft resets? and how do you perform each?

My understanding is that a soft reset is like a restart. Like if the software was misbehaving.

I'm not sure how to do it on the G2x, but on my old Nexus One it used to be Power+Trackball+Volume Down.

Hard reset would be wiping all the data down from the phone and starting over again. (Like I did to get my GB update...which didn't work and I didn't have my alarm clock. lol).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones