1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WiFi stuck turning on!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zd89, Oct 7, 2014.

1. zd89

zd89 Newbie

Hey guys, so just yesterday I started having this issue with my nexus 5. No matter what I do I cannot get the WiFi to turn on. I haven't installed any new apps so I'm clueless as to what has caused this. Is there any way to get it to work? Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Incakola

Incakola Android Enthusiast

What ROM are you using?

3. zd89

zd89 Newbie

I'm stock ROM. Rooted using Xposed framework.

4. Incakola

And the xposed modules you have?

5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Could be a kernel issue as well, are you on a custom kernel?

6. zd89

zd89 Newbie

I'm using gravity box and xprivacy. I've tried uninstalling them and doing a factory reset. That still has not solved the issue.

7. zd89

zd89 Newbie

No I'm not using a custom kernel.

8. Incakola

Is your baseband version and WiFi Mac address showing up alright in system about?

9. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

How did you remove the xposed .did you flash the zip file or did you just remove the module . flash the zip and see if the WiFi return to normal if not . Flash the zip and then reflash the stock backup zip without wiping anything . this will keep your apps and data . .so flash the remove xposed zip first then flash your stock backup zip without doing any wiping .

10. Incakola

Op already factory reset, its not xposed ...

11. Incakola

Try flashing another kernel or factory flash via computer

zd89 likes this.
  12. Im having the same issues. I tried flashing different stock roms but problem still persist.

13. tokiloshe

tokiloshe Lurker

I have found a medium term way of fixing this.

Basically remove the battery will solve it but - most of the devices that have been impacted (myself included) have batteries that cannot be removed so...

drain that sucker until it gives up the will to even turn on and then drain it some more...

best way i found was just to turn on the video camera and leave it recording... turning on the flash speeds this up a bit.

when it dies, keep trying to turn it on into the android boot menu. (hold on and the volume down key) then if it opens i went to the barcodes menu item and let the screen stay on until it dies...this process can take a good few hours... sometimes it will seem completely dead but will then start an hour later...

so basically try get as much juice out of the battery as possible...

then plug it back into the charger and wifi should be back to normal...

i did this once and then my phone worked for around a month with no problem and then bam out of nowhere again wifi broken... so i redid it and again its working for and has been for at least 3 weeks now....

still have no idea what is causing it to break but at least i have a solution – sort of...

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews