1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

wifi sucks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jimt68, Aug 16, 2011.

1. jimt68

jimt68 Member
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    I don't understand the hype with wifi. Its so slow and unreliable. Its like going from cable to antennae. What's the point? Unless its just Sprint that sucks.

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    If your WiFi connection is not as fast as your Cell connection, then yeah, it'll suck.

I get 28 Mbps download at home, which gives me ~10 Mbps on my phone, since the DROID does G, not N....

My phone on WiFi is a lot faster than my cell connection, and there is no 4G here, and neither does my phone do 4G, so.....

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Your carrier has nothing to do with your WiFi. Either your WiFi AP has a problem or your device has a WiFi issue.

Again (as in your other thread in here) be careful drawing broad assumptions based on a single data point. Your problems with WiFi aren't indicative of WiFi in general. Plenty of people use WiFi without the issues that you experience.

..and are you using a Motorola Droid with Sprint or did you just forget which subforum you were in?

Poor analogy. I actually get better HD reception on OTA than on cable where my provider compresses stuff so much that there's tons of macroblocking and that's fairly typical if you look around.