• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wifi Tether and Reception Help

Trevon360

Dec 28, 2012
hi i am using svtp hotspot on my Kyocera rise. i am currently tethering or to my laptop and from my laptop running and ethernet to my xbox to share my Laptops connection. i live in an area with 2 or 3 out of 6 bars /reception. on my xbox, the lagging is very bad black ops is unplayable But i Am able to play gta iv Burr with much lag, getting back on topic, when i tether during the day time it is extremly slow and i cant watch netflix either. But when i tether at 2 or 3 in the morning it is soooo much faster. Does anyone how to decrease lagging with bad reception ??? I am aware the connection is faster earlier in the morning because nobodys on there phone but how can i keep the 2 in the morning tether speed during the day ?? I found my msl code a few days ago and changed my proxies the 0.0.0.0 and 0 thingy if that matters Please help me thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones