1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WIFI tether autoconnect

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tmproff, May 18, 2010.

1. tmproff

tmproff Newbie

Long time lurker, but 1st post! I rooted my phone about a month ago using BB v1.0 and loving it. The major reason I rooted was for the wifi tether. My situation might be a bit different than other people that are using wifi tether, since I'm connecting to my car (www.mp3car.com). Using the app wifi tether, I can easily connect to a network manually, but everytime I turn off my car, it obviously looses connection. When I turn my car back on, I have to MANUALLY reconnect. I am using Windows 7 and have created the profile that's supposed to reconnect automatically, but it never does. I believe that since this isn't a real wifi hotspot and just an adhoc network, that this automatic connection isn't possible with just Windows 7 networking settings.

Has anyone had any success getting your wifi tether to automatically connect to their laptop when you turn it on?

Thanks for your help,
    -Troy

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tmproff

tmproff Newbie

Well it looks like I answered my own question:

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews