1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root WiFi Tether issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thatkidmatt, Jun 30, 2010.

1. thatkidmatt

thatkidmatt Active Member

May 1, 2010
    So I was finally able to root my phone and I installed WiFi tether following the instructions in the PRS root guide. When i start tethering though I get a message saying "tethering started with errors check log" but the program is "unable to load the log file". Does anyone know what might be wrong?

I followed the instructions of the guide to the T, but I got an error at one point saying that the su folder didn't exist. Everything else seemed to go off without a hitch though... did I lose root when I rebooted?

Advertisement

2. Bloodborn

Bloodborn Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Net Security Admin
    Columbia, SC
    It seems like you may have not rooted it fully per say. Bring the phone back up in ADB shell, do a ls /system/bin if there is not a SU in there you will need to redo the rooting. When did you get the su folder doesnt exsist?

thatkidmatt likes this.
  3. thatkidmatt

thatkidmatt Active Member

May 1, 2010
    So I kinda figured that was what happened. I redid the whole root process (which was surprisingly easily repeatable - this after too many failed attempts to count), and I have it working now. It would seem I didn't have the su file at all (and hence couldn't push it through adb to my phone). I redownloaded the sdk from the video thread and the process finally worked.

4. Bloodborn

Bloodborn Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Net Security Admin
    Columbia, SC
    Great glad to hear you got it rooted, now put the a different Kernal and rom on it lol.