1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Wifi Tether no longer working well

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sebbyisme15, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Sebbyisme15

Sebbyisme15 Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2013
    So i have an odd problem here. I left to Colorado from Washington in late June, and returned to Washington in early July. Before i left, my Wifi Tether app version 3.2 worked wonderfully. I could watch videos, play games online, and pretty much do anything without any lag. It worked effectively for around a year or so. Ever since i got back, however, it has become painfully slow. It usually takes 1-3 minutes to load a webpage now, and youtube is out of the question. I made sure that i went back to LTE/CDMA after switching to global for the road trip, and even ended up factory resetting my phone just to make sure that something on the phone that i downloaded while on the trip didn't interfere with Wifi Tether. When not tethering, the phone internet speed is the same and since i've been tethering for so long, i doubt I was randomly throttled this particular month as i haven't been using more data then i usually do. Oh, i tired downloading other tethering apps and the new 3.3 version of wifi tether, but those didn't even work at all. I'm running jellybean and have Verizon. Help greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Sebbyisme15

Sebbyisme15 Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2013
    Well, almost a month, 162 views, and no help. Rather disappointing...